Saturday, December 11, 2010

more beautiful than jewels.

tonight, the thoughts of my time in honduras are weighing heavily on my heart. at the center of these thoughts is my sweet friend nora. i met nora the first day i went to casitas. she automatically took to me, and i to her. it didn’t take long before she started really opening up to me. she shared the stories of her past. her entire life had been marred by abuse, neglect, and sadness. despite all of this sorrow, there was a hope in nora’s eyes. a hope that her life does have meaning, and that she was created for a purpose. after she finished telling me her story, nora grabbed my hands and pulled them to her heart. she told me how she prayed that i would never have to experience what she had to endure. nora told me that i was a jewel, a reflection of God and his love, and that she would always carry me in her heart.

my sweet nora, you are the jewel. you are the reflection of God’s love. I will always carry you in my heart. you are beautiful, you are humble, and you have taught me more than you will ever know.

te quiero mucho.



“for the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.” --Psalm 149:4

1 comment:

  1. i love you. i love your heart. i love nora. i love the time you got to spend with her. i love that we get to share stories about her with each other. thanks for updating your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete