Saturday, June 11, 2011

art.

first want to apologize for my major lack of blogging. thankfully, sarah and mary elizabeth have been better than me in keeping everyone updated. it is safe to say that teaching english is not what i expected to be doing. yet, the Lord saw fit to put me right smack dab in the middle of one of the poorest areas in tegucigalpa. each morning, 50 kids [ages 8-11] greet kimberly and i with "good morning teacher!!" absolutely adorable? maybe just a little. the Lord has also blessed us with the opportunity to minister to the orphans at casitas kennedy. because we usually don't know what age group we are working with or what activities we are doing until we arrive, each day is an adventure.

what has the Lord been teaching me?

right before we left for honduras, all of the interns at buckner had a sweet time of worship and prayer. during that time we sang the words, "your will above all else, my purpose remains; the art of losing myself in bringing you praise." as i stumble through teaching english, speaking spanish, and painting countless toenails the Lord continues to refine me.

"and I will put his third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested." zechariah 13:9a

the Lord has revealed sin upon sin. fear, selfishness, pride, discontentment, and anger are just a few. the reveling of this sin is painful, it hurts. i have mourned, and i have been comforted. i know that the trials will still come and sin will continue to be mourned. but i am confidant that God is refining me and all believers to be more like his son.

the one doing the refining is truly an artist. the only way he knows when the process of purifying is complete is when he sees his own image reflected in the silver. i know that the Lord has a lot more refining to do until he can see his own image when looking at me.

here's to sanctification!!

"therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. the old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 corinthians 5:17

three of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment