Friday, February 3, 2012

happy birthday, daddy

"only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether i come and see you or am absent, i may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel." Philippians 1:27


today is my dad's birthday. i so wish i could be home to celebrate with him but school calls. i am so thankful for my dad for so many reasons. these are only a few:

- you love Jesus more than anything else in this world.
- you are a diligent student of the Word {you are my go to guy for any questions i have about the bible, theology, false religions, eschatology, etc.}
- you are an incredible reflection of a biblical husband
- you lead our family as Christ has commanded you to
- you are the most humble man i know, and the smartest
- you love me in spite of my flaws
- you discipline me, pray for me, and love me through everything
- you never let me win anything growing up. {i still remember the pure joy i felt when i beat you at HORSE for the first time}
- you have the best sense of humor {some say it's cheesy, i think it's awe-some}
- you work SO incredibly hard to provide for our family
- you love auburn football. but, you always keep everything in perspective
- you taught me everything i know about sports
- you made all of us watch musicals growing up {double thank you for this one}
- you strive to be more like Christ everyday

i'm sure this list could go on and on. please know daddy that i am so thankful for you, and i am so glad that God chose you to be my earthly daddy. you are a wonderful reflection of his love.

love you more than a game of shove up on a sunny afternoon,

cate.

No comments:

Post a Comment